FOP Lodge #1 is proud to offer it’s member’s children scholarship opportunities to help further their education. Lodge #1 will offer five $1000.00 scholarships ($5000 total) to five children of eligible members.
- Applicants must be the child of a FOP Lodge #1 member, who has been a member for five years or since they were first hired.
- Applicants must have a “C” average or above.
- Applicants must not be receiving other scholarships totalling more than $5000.00.
- Applicants must wait one academic year if they have been the recipiant of this scholarship previously.
- Applicant must enroll or be enrolled at a college, university, or trade school. (Other secondary institutions will be considered on a case by case basis)
- Applicants must submit an essay of up to 500 words, explaining why they should receive the FOP Lodge #1 scholarship.
Winners will be contacted by the FOP Lodge #1 Executive Board and announced at the FOP Lodge #1 members meeting on Tuesday, August 18th, 2015. All eligibility of students, institutions, etc. will be decided by the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #1 Executive Board. Payment to student will be made after proof of payment to the educational institution is received by the FOP Lodge #1 Scholarship Committee. Additional questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be received by July 31st, 2015. No exceptions.